JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Marketing & Program Assistant
The Temescal Telegraph Business Improvement District (TTBID) seeks a Marketing and Program Assistant. This position is ideal to launch a career in community development, marketing, event planning, or business development. The chosen candidate will be involved in all aspects of the TTBID’s marketing, events, and program support and will work under the supervision of and with support from the Executive Director.
The Temescal Telegraph Business Improvement District creates, promotes and nurtures an engaging destination for Bay Area residents, workers, and visitors to experience Temescal. We do so through strengthening our thriving economic base of both longtime and new businesses, celebrating the diverse cultures of the District and its events, and enhancing Temescal Telegraph’s physical environment and public safety. The TTBID is a non-profit, 501c4 organization that has been operating since 2004, and is funded by property owner assessments. For more information, see www.temescaldistrict.org.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Write detailed, accurate meeting notes for monthly committee and board meetings
- Produce content and implement the BID’s social media strategy on Instagram, Facebook, and twitter
- Support the BID’s communications and website using FileMaker Pro, Constant Contact, and Word Press.
- Support event production including Taste of Temescal, Temescal Street Fair, 40th Street Block Party, Holiday Fair, and others as they arise
- Support production and distribution of BID marketing materials including brochures and other materials produced in print and on line.
- Support general office and basic bookkeeping functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in the mission and goals of the Temescal Telegraph Business Improvement District.
- Quick and accurate typing and note-taking
- Ability to work efficiently, while maintaining attention to details
- Strong verbal, written, social media and interpersonal communication skills. Specific experience could include among the following: marketing, sales, writing, editing, graphic design, events planning.
- Computers: Word, Excel, FileMaker, Constant Contact, Web site administration. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
This is a permanent, part-time position of 20 hrs per week. Pay will be $20 per hour (plus 7.5% tax/ins), with no benefits. The assistant will have the opportunity to make connections to business, governmental, and other community partners.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Shifra@temescaldistrict.org