Picnic on Telegraph
Sunday, October 25th, 2020
Picnic on Telegraph & Grand Opening of Skylyne at Temescal
Discover Temescal outdoors on Sunday, October 25th along Telegraph Ave from 39th to 51st St, 11am-8pm! Spend the day walking, shopping, and dining out on the street all while supporting Temescal businesses. Enjoy expanded outdoor seating on the newly repaved Telegraph Ave and relish in some safe and socially distanced time outdoors while exploring over 12 blocks of Telegraph. Picnic on Telegraph is also the Grand Opening Celebration for Skylyne at Temescal - the new 24 story residential development at MacArthur Transit Village!
Highlights of Expanded outdoor seating, sidewalk sales & free fitness classes:
- Aunt Mary's Cafe
- Roses' Taproom
- Prima Materia
- North Light
- Marufuku Ramen
- The Avenue
- Saucy Oakland
- Burma Superstar
- Temescal Brewing
- Saucy Oakland Brunch - 10:30am-2pm
- Co Nam
- Daol Tofu
- Smokin Woods
- Bird and Buffalo
- Pyeong Chang Tofu House
- The Cro Cafe
- Wild Child
- O Tattoo Studios
- Pet accessories, treats, grooming tools and more from Leading the Pack Boutique
- FYE Collective Community Art Market in collaboration with Acta Non Verba Youth Urban Farm Project, Food Not Bombs and other Omni Commons Collectives and artists
- A popup from Planter Base located at Temescal Brewing
- The East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse - Curbside shopping 11am-4pm
- Preserved Goods
Interactive Activities for all ages:
- Yoga classes throughout the day from Square One Yoga: 11am Kundalini Yoga, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm all-levels mind flow.
- Outdoor board and card games with It's Your Move Games
- Halloween Costume Contest at It's Your Move Games 12-4pm! Come get your photo taken of your costume and win $50 giftcard to the Temescal business of your choice! 3 Winners total for best costume each age group (0-5, 6-12, Teen & Adult)
- Free Corpo Kinetic Pilates clases outdoor on Telegraph b/t 42nd & 43rd, 11am-4pm. The staff at Corpo Kinetic will be offering free 15-20 minute group Pilates classes every hour on the hour! Get moving, learn something new, and play with their favorite Pilates props that instructors use to enhance clients' at-home sessions. Just passing through? If you can't catch the group class on the hour, Corpo Kinetic staff will be available to teach you and anyone in your crew a 15-20 minute private session as space and time allow. Just ask!
- Skylyne at Temescal's Grand Opening at 39th St with virtual tours of the new apartments, and free swag!
- Temescal Brewing Giant Beer Garden 41st to 42nd St (12pm-8pm):
- Planter Day will be on-site selling plants
- Cardio Dance Party in the street starts at 1pm with dance instructor Lili Waugh Mahoney and live dj tbale [dance class is donation based and is limited to the first 15 people] - Food truck is Al Pastor Papi
- Dessert from Homeroom
- Gift sets and prizes from 9 Round Fitness
- Giveaways, prizes, and tours at 4700 Telegraph
- Workouts from Game Changer Fitness
- A Bicycles Skills Course with Walk Oakland Bike Oakland, from 40th-41st St from 12-5pm.
Health & Safety Protocols
- Face Coverings/Masks will be required by all Participants, Patrons, businesses and employees within the Picnic on Telegraph footprint, unless they are actively eating or drinking within the designated outdoor seating areas for a particular business. Anyone not in compliance with this State, City + County ordinance will be offered a mask by a Temescal Ambassador, and if they refuse to comply, they will then be asked to leave.
- Each participating business will implement their own site specific protection plan for their outdoor seating/retail/fitness, eg: wiping down tables after each party and ensuring the health code and ABC rules are followed by their patrons. Consumption of Food and drink will only be permitted within the designated areas, and patrons will be asked to not walk and eat/drink to ensure the safety of all attendees.
- 6ft Physical Distancing will be enforced and verbally encouraged throughout Picnic on Telegraph by Temescal Ambassadors and lots of Signage. Participating businesses will ensure physical distancing inside their business and within their outdoor areas.
- Health and Safety Ambassadors — There will be 4 ambassadors and 2 BID staff circulating to reinforcing all health + safety ordinances with friendly requests and reminders.
- Sanitizing Stations — These will be provided throughout Picnic on Telegraph footprint – Telegraph Ave, 39th to 51st St for Patrons to use.
- Additionally, each participating business will have their own Hand Sanitizing Pump for patrons/customers to sanitize their hands Before and after entering the outdoor seating area, touching an outdoor retail product, or participating in a fitness activity.