Starting in January 2018, Joey Harrison is the new Operations Manager for the Temescal Telegraph Business Improvement District Cleaning Ambassadors. Joey comes to the Temescal District after two years as a Team Lead for the Ambassador team in Downtown Berkeley.
Joey works full-time as the in-district Block by Block Operations Manager for the Temescal BID’s maintenance services. Joey brings his management and on-the-ground cleaning and hospitality experience with the Downtown Berkeley Block by Block contract to provide responsive, dedicated, and high quality of service to the Temescal BID maintenance contract. As a working Operations Manager, Joey manages a two-person clean team, works on-the-ground to augment the cleaning services provided by the normal team, and takes the lead for specialized services and projects, including spot power washing and planter watering.
For the past year, Temescal BID’s maintenance services contract has been provided by Block by Block, including 112 hours per week of the following Environmental Maintenance Services in Temescal:
- Manual Removal of Litter and Debris
- Graffiti removal from utility poles, mail boxes, newspaper racks, public telephones, parking meters and other fixtures.
- Removal of handbills, stickers, posters and similar items from utility poles, mail boxes, newspaper racks, public telephones, parking meters and other fixtures.
- Power Washing – identified hot spots in the district
- Watering Services – once a week watering of the Temescal BID’s planters & landscaped medians as necessary.
- Weed Control – Removal of weeds and grass.
- Illegal Dumping – working with the city to remove illegal dumping.
- Special Projects – lead by the Operations Manager, if time allows, such as painting of fixtures (trashcans, benches, light posts, etc.), limited landscaping, power washing or any other project not requiring ‘technical’ expertise that can be carried out within reasonable methods or means by existing cleaning staff members.
For requests, questions and concerns regarding maintenance in the Temescal, please contact:
Joey Harrison, Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org 510-295-9131.