2021 Picnic on Telegraph:
Sunday, October 17th, 11am-7pm
Along Telegraph Avenue from 40th to 51st Street + Temescal Alley
Picnic on Telegraph returns to Oakland’s Temescal District on October 17 for a special Sunday edition on 10+ blocks of Telegraph Avenue, closed to cars and open to people! Kick off your Sunday with brunch, live music, shopping, fitness classes, and more-- all outdoors, socially-distanced, and in support of all of the incredible businesses Telegraph Avenue has to offer. Whether you’re interested in drag brunch, standup comedy, live music, interactive games, or just supporting all of your favorite local businesses, Picnic on Telegraph has something for everyone. Don't miss Temescal's final big street festival of 2021!
Some highlights of our October Programming include:
- Keep Oakland Alive Merchant Village featuring Brundo Spices, High Tail Hikes dog gear, Oakland Honey Co, Arte por Lola, Opulent Paper Art jewelry, women’s apparel by Field Day & Friends, crafts & small goods by Maker's Loft, art by My Town Fan Club and Royal Kettlebells.
- Hip Hop for Change Performances at 50th & Telegraph featuring Oakland Originalz break dancing, a cipher, DJs spinning and a pop up retail store!
- Whole Foods Village featuring free food and samples from local artisan food companies: Red Bay Coffee, Something Better Food, OliPop Sparkling Tonic water and Firebrand artisan bread. Giveaways of Whole Foods swag bags, and games. Plus, information about their store opening at 5110 Telegraph.
- Special programming from Root’d in the 510 cannabis dispensary and lounge: Raffle & Giveaway of a playstation 5, sign up for membership to get free product when they open, Tours of the Dispensary
- COVID-19 Vaccination Station in partnership with UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Roux40 Pop-up featuring menu items from their highly anticipated new restaurant, coming soon to 40th Street
- Outdoor Drag Brunch at North Light, 12pm and 2pm, hosted by Beef Cakes and featuring Meatflap, Phoebe Cakes, Mojo Carter, Vera, and Die Anna. (Seating is first come, first served!)
- Mini Freedom Farmer's Market Popup featuring Black farmers, produce, and baked goods: Melons from Blue Ridge Ranch, Fruits & Vegetables from Scott Family Farms, Almond Butter from LeMule Ranch, Full Belly Bakery, Lather & More: Natural Body, Back 2 Nature: Natural Healing Product for Pain, and The Collective Bookstore
- Queer First Friday DJs spinning 2-7pm at 40th & Telegraph
- Connect with some of Temescal’s newest and buzziest businesses, including Roux40, Daytrip, Big House Beans, and Root’d in the 510
- Build the Halloween Costume of your dreams at East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse’s Clothing Swap and DIY maker’s station
- Free Pre-Dinner Yoga class (5:30pm) from Square One Yoga (indoor, masks + proof of vaccination required)
- Kickboxing Demonstrations & trial membership sales by 9 Round Fitness
- Preserved Goods Kraut & Pickle Making Demo (3pm)
- Outdoor Salsa Lesson & Dancing with Timba Heat at 44th & Telegraph at 5pm
- Live music all day long, featuring Bukue One, Phat Luv Band, Aireene Espiritu, Queer First Fridays DJs, DJ UC BUU, and more!
- Interactive art-making & installation and live clothing customization by FYE Collective/Omni Commons
- Chess, board games, Learn to Play Magic the Gathering (1pm, 3pm, 5pm, ages 8 & up), and more at It’s Your Move Games
- Quidditch Games & Demos by Bay Area Breakers at 44th & Telegraph
- Special evening hours at Temescal Alley Shops, including Old Salt Merchants, Dopp, Marisa Mason Jewelry, Ziggy’s Delectables, The CRO Cafe, Curbside Creamery, Claflin Thayer & Co, and more.
- Sidewalk sales and popup retail by Leading the Pack, Ancient Ways, and Fine Leatherworking.
TRAFFIC DETOUR INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS:
THANK YOU to our generous community partners for supporting our October event! Picnic on Telegraph is produced by the Temescal BID, presented by Whole Foods Market and Nearby Bay Area, and supported by our Main Sponsors: UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland, Root'd in the 510, Leuko Lab, MacArthur Commons, and Park Day School, as well as our Media Sponsor The Oaklandside and Community Sponsor, The Logan.
2021 Health & Safety Protocols
- Face Coverings/Masks will be required by all Participants, Patrons, businesses and employees within the Picnic on Telegraph footprint, unless they are actively eating or drinking within the designated outdoor seating areas for a particular business.
- Consumption of Food and drink will only be permitted within the designated areas, and patrons will be asked to not walk and eat/drink to ensure the safety of all attendees.
- 6ft Physical Distancing will be enforced and verbally encouraged throughout Picnic on Telegraph by Temescal Ambassadors and lots of Signage. Participating businesses will ensure physical distancing inside their business and within their outdoor areas.
- Health and Safety Ambassadors — There will be 2 ambassadors and 4 paid staff circulating to reinforcing all health + safety ordinances with friendly requests and reminders.
- Sanitizing Stations — These will be provided throughout Picnic on Telegraph footprint – Telegraph Ave, 40th to 51st St for Patrons to use.