2021 Picnic on Telegraph Schedule:
Friday, August 20th, 4-9pm
Sunday, October 17th, 11am-7pm
Picnic on Telegraph
The first-ever Picnic on Telegraph in October 2020 was such a success, we're planning two Picnic on Telegraphs in 2021 -- one on a Summer Friday evening, and a daytime picnic on a Sunday. We invite you to #DiscoverTemescal outdoors along Telegraph Ave from 39th to 51st St. Spend the day walking, shopping, and dining out on the street all while supporting Temescal businesses. Enjoy expanded outdoor seating on the newly repaved Telegraph Ave and relish in some safe and socially distanced time outdoors while exploring over 12 blocks of Telegraph.
2021 outdoor dining, retail pop-ups, sidewalk sales, performances, family-friendly entertainment, and interactive activities to be announced soon!
Media Partnerships and Sponsorships are available. Email email@example.com for details.
Highlights of Expanded outdoor seating, sidewalk sales & free fitness classes at last year's Picnic on Telegraph:
Aunt Mary's Cafe, Roses' Taproom , Prima Materia, North Light, Marufuku Ramen, The Avenue, Saucy Oakland, Burma Superstar, Temescal Brewing, Saucy Oakland, Co Nam, Daol Tofu, Smokin Woods BBQ, Hancook, Azit, Bird and Buffalo, Pyeong Chang Tofu House, The Cro Cafe, Pizzaiolo, Asmara, Artichoke Basille's Pizza
- Wild Child
- O Tattoo Studios
- Pet accessories, treats, grooming tools and more from Leading the Pack Boutique
- FYE Collective Community Art Market in collaboration with Acta Non Verba Youth Urban Farm Project, Food Not Bombs and other Omni Commons Collectives and artists
- A popup from Planter Base located at Temescal Brewing
- The East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse - Curbside shopping 11am-4pm
- Preserved Goods
- Albo African Gift Shop
- Fine Leatherworking
Interactive Activities for all ages:
- Yoga classes throughout the day from Square One Yoga: 11am Kundalini Yoga, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm all-levels mind flow.
- Outdoor board and card games with It's Your Move Games!
- Corpo Kinetic outdoor pilates classes from 11am to sunset
- Skylyne at Temescal's Grand Opening at 39th St with virtual tours of the new apartments, and free swag!
- Temescal Brewing Giant Beer Garden 41st to 42nd St (12pm-8pm):
- Planter Day will be on-site selling plants
- Food truck is Kolobok serving delicious Russian food
- Dessert from Homeroom including Giant Oreos
- Gift sets and prizes from 9 Round Fitness
- Giveaways, prizes, and tours at 4700 Telegraph
- Workouts from Game Changer Fitness at 51st St.
- A Bicycles Skills Course with Walk Oakland Bike Oakland, from 40th-41st St from 12-5pm.
Health & Safety Protocols
- Face Coverings/Masks will be required by all Participants, Patrons, businesses and employees within the Picnic on Telegraph footprint, unless they are actively eating or drinking within the designated outdoor seating areas for a particular business. Anyone not in compliance with this State, City + County ordinance will be offered a mask by a Temescal Ambassador, and if they refuse to comply, they will then be asked to leave.
- Each participating business will implement their own site specific protection plan for their outdoor seating/retail/fitness, eg: wiping down tables after each party and ensuring the health code and ABC rules are followed by their patrons. Consumption of Food and drink will only be permitted within the designated areas, and patrons will be asked to not walk and eat/drink to ensure the safety of all attendees.
- 6ft Physical Distancing will be enforced and verbally encouraged throughout Picnic on Telegraph by Temescal Ambassadors and lots of Signage. Participating businesses will ensure physical distancing inside their business and within their outdoor areas.
- Health and Safety Ambassadors — There will be 4 ambassadors and 2 BID staff circulating to reinforcing all health + safety ordinances with friendly requests and reminders.
- Sanitizing Stations — These will be provided throughout Picnic on Telegraph footprint – Telegraph Ave, 39th to 51st St for Patrons to use.
- Additionally, each participating business will have their own Hand Sanitizing Pump for patrons/customers to sanitize their hands Before and after entering the outdoor seating area, touching an outdoor retail product, or participating in a fitness activity.